Steve.Kristi.Karson.Kaydance


Monday, August 30, 2010

Kindergarten Kid

We have survived the first week of school!

Karson has started Kindergarten. I can't believe I have a child who is in school. WOW! We went to meet his teacher the week before school started. That was interesting! I was totally fine all morning. I hadn't thought anything about it but the very second we walked into the classroom his teacher asked, "Is this Karson?" The tears started! I couldn't even look at her. I just looked down at Karson like he should be the one doing the talking. I don't even know what she said to him. All I could hear was myself saying, "Get a hold of yourself!!" We were there for the regular Kindergarten testing so she had me sit outside the room so she could talk to Karson and I could fill out a stack of papers.

Since I had a hard time at 'meet the teacher' day I thought I would be a mess for the first day of school. There actually wasn't any time to be upset. We got there and he went right into class. Steve thought it was going to be a longer process. He stood at the doorway and watched. Karson wasn't nervous or anything. He just went in and sat down by the other kids like he'd been doing this for months.
First Day of School
After school we went home and had a mini photo shoot. It was fun! We'll have to work more on Karson's hand writing! ;)


And of course Kaydance wanted to do it too!!
He Loves School!! so far ;)
With him starting school we also started a schedule. We have never really had a regular schedule but it's been really good for the whole family (hopefully we can stick with it!). Both kids have done so good with waking up and we're all ready for the day when we take Karson to school. That is out of the norm for sure. I think I'll need to start drinking coffee daily. No more sleeping in around this house!

No comments: